Many ask us about having their child tested. Questions include: “Should I have my child tested?” “Do you recommend a tester?” “What is the best age for testing?” “Which test is best for my child?” We encourage you to talk with our other parents and guardians while your child is attending classes at The Super Saturday Program to supplement your research into testing.
These sites have a lot to offer on the topic of testing:
- Hoagies’ Gifted Education Page
- Hoagies’ offers an exhaustive list of articles and links to answer your testing questions.
- GT World
- GT World is an online community for parents and guardians of gifted and talented children. They offer extensive information on interpreting test results along with descriptions of specific IQ and achievement tests.
Note: Verification of giftedness is required for a child to enroll in The Super Saturday Program (see Professional Recommendation).
Cincinnati Area Testers
Because so many ask us for tester recommendations, we offer suggestions here. We do not imply endorsement of these testers, and we encourage you to ask any potential tester pointed questions in advance to ensure they are the right tester for your child.
- Edward R. Amend, Psy.D., Amend Psychological Services, PSC
- 1025 Dove Run Road, Suite 304 Lexington, KY 40502
- Powers Educational Services
- 3443 Edwards Road Cincinnati, OH 45208
- Suzanne M. James, Psy.D
- 305 Artillery Park Drive, Suite 102, Fort Mitchell, KY 41017