2018-2019 Speaker Series
The Parent Enrichment Series offers presenters and discussion topics to provide parents with resources, contacts, and insights into life with gifted children.
October 13, 2018 – 9:45-11:15 a.m. & 12:45-2:15 p.m.
- PAGE Welcome & Volunteer Fair – led by Gina Baldwin
- Welcome to Fall Term Orientation & Group Discussion including website tour, spirit wear, and volunteer opportunities. Come to explore opportunities to put your special talents to use for The Super Saturday Program!
- Spirit wear orders taken
October 20, 2018 – 9:45-11:15 a.m. & 12:45-2:15 p.m.
- Parent Panel
October 27, 2018 – 9:45-11:15 a.m. & 12:45-2:15 p.m.
- John Overbeck, with a presentation “Write It Just as Your Mind Spins It Out,” and “The Death and Rebirth of the Five-Paragraph Essay”.
- John is a writing mentor with students ranging from excellent writers who want to take their skills to the next level, to students who, for a variety of reasons, have found writing to be an extremely difficult – and sometimes painful – challenge.
November 3, 2018 – 9:45-11:15 a.m. & 12:45-2:15 p.m.
- Stephanie Bruner from Mensa
- Stephanie Bruner from Cincinnati Mensa will be joining us in the parent room to share information on what the Cincinnati Mensa program has to offer your gifted students and how to take part in the program.
November 10, 2018 – 9:45-11:15 a.m. & 12:45-2:15 p.m.
- Jamie Overbey from Vistage, Peer Advisory Model (Issue Resolution)
- Cincinnati Chair for Vistage Worldwide, former Super Saturday parent, and exclusive sponsor of our Teen Leader program. Jamie will be leading a discussion on challenges, decisions, and opportunities associated with raising gifted children.
- Usborne Books
- Vikkie Finan will be joining us from Usborne Books. It’s a great opportunity to get book ideas for your kids and to do a little early Christmas shopping. Look for her near the atrium on the first floor.
November 17, 2018 – 9:45-11:15 a.m. & 12:45-2:15 p.m.
- The Super Saturday Program Book Swap
- Clear your shelves of outgrown books (children’s, teen, adult fiction and non-fiction, parenting resource books, puzzles too!) and bring them to the Parent Room. Drop off your old books and find some books to keep you busy through the winter. Any unclaimed books are donated. Come for coffee, join the swap and still have time to enjoy your student’s end of the session presentation.